Tabs

Friday, April 4, 2014

Steven Universe

Steven Universe is animated television series created by Rebecca Sugar. Its is produced by Cartoon Network Studios and is the first show by the studio to be created by a woman.
:D
 "In Steven Universe, the world is protected from evil threats by the Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactic female warriors who use the power of special gem stones embedded on their bodies to summon magical weapons. The four Gems are: Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Steven. Steven is a young boy who inherited a gem stone from his mother, a Crystal Gem named Rose Quartz. As Steven tries to figure out the secrets to using his gem, he spends his days in Beach City doing activities with the other Crystal Gems, whether it's helping them save the universe or just hanging out."


 
















One of the things that stood out to me about the series were how the 3 female heroines looked like real women.  They come in different shapes and sizes and they kick butt.  How can I not like this show? They have this unique personality that distinguishes them in a way that you either know someone like them or you see a little of yourself in one (or all) them.

I definitely can.

1. Garnet: The leader
The one they go to to get the job done
(as a mom I can relate)

2. Pearl: 
She's like second in command. 
She's on top of everything and makes sure everything is in order
no matter how prude or uptight she comes off
(I get a little OCD from time to time)

3. Amethyst:
The fun one
The complete opposite of Pearl
(How I am deep down inside,  A BIG KID!)

Each one carries a crystal gem. Pearl on her forehead, Amethyst on her chest, Garnet on her hands and Steven on his belly. 


Well this past weekend my youngest turned 3. She's a BIG fan of the show so I thought I would  incorporate them somehow for her special day.


All in all if there's one thing I would have done differently when making them would be to have made Steven's belly rounder with his belly pouching out a little to show his Crystal gem (see pic above). I also wanted to make Garnets lips with clay like I did Amethyst but I totally forgot and didn't realize it till I started painting the details on her. *facepalm*
Well, live and learn I guess.
Hope you enjoyed my little post. Thanks for stopping by!




Description for Steven Universe was from Wikapedia
All figures were made from Polymer Clay
Paints used: Acrylic and glazed afterwards


No comments:

Post a Comment