Tabs

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trying something new: Polymer Clay

         It's been awhile since I posted anything but I've been working on a couple of sewing projects. One I finished and gave away as a gift and 2 that are unfinished because I started to play around with polymer clay.  I'm all over the place with projects I've given myself to do but I honestly do enjoy it (I wish I could just stick to ONE thing...pfff... who am I kidding!) 
         Ok so I'm a big newb to polymer clay so I've been practicing and watching a couple of video tutorials on youtube.  During and at the end of this post I will include links to some of the tutorials I watched that I found helpful and gave me tons of inspiration and motivation. :)

     My first experiment was a Batman charm totally inspired by the wonderful, funny and very talented Pau Negrete Marín.
Be sure to check out Pau'sYoutube page where she has tons of tutorials. 


You can find the tutorial for this particular charm here.

  
   Next I decided to give Harley Quinn a try using what I learned when making the Batman charm.



I even made her a little mallet :)  I was happy with how she turned out at first but after comparing her to batman her head was way too big, so I did a do over. 
Much Better :)
I was happy the way she turned out the second time around. 

I ventured off from the world of Gotham and moved onto another world known as Adventure Time.
My first try was Marceline but because I wasn't too pleased with the way she turned out I decided to try and remake her again but there was just one problem... I ran out of black clay (don don dooooon!). Bummer...oh well, once I restock my supplies I'll give her another go and post the before and after pics. Moving on to the next character is...
 Fionna
The inspiration for modeling Fionna's body came from another wonderful and talented artist DebbyArts.
Be sure to check out her YouTube channel as well. She has beautiful clay and sketch tutorials.
 This is one of DebbyArts tutorials that helped guide me toward creating Fionnas body.

I used the same guide to help me create my next Character,
 Princess Bubblegum


PB's head is solid round while Fionna's head was more flat in the back.

I decided not to glaze PB just because to me, I liked her the way she was.

Next I tried BMO. 




I used a random BMO image from the show via google images for reference.

I have to say I found myself becoming addicted to making stuff. (any other poly/clay maker/creator have the same thing happen to them? Yes...no...Maybe it's just me)
 But yeah there you have it. I have a lot to learn and I'm hoping to create more stuff in the near future.
Remember to check out the links if it's something you think you might want to try.  There are also MANY other great tutorials out there. I'm just listing the ones I used down below.
 ;)

El Arte de Pau / Polymer Clay

 ♡ DebbyArts Channel ♡ 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment