Tabs

Friday, September 13, 2013

My Lalaloopsy Harley Quinn

 A few years ago I purchased a Lalaloopsy doll for my oldest daughter. Her name was Peanut.

Peanut Big Top™ was made from bits of a brightly-colored clown costume. She is a silly prankster who's a little bit clumsy and loves to make her friends laugh. She has a pet elephant.
Sewn on Date: April 1st (April Fool's day)
 

My oldest daughter didn't care for dolls to begin with so when she expressed some interest in a Lalaloopsy doll I was a bit shocked.  With that being said, I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised with how quickly she was over Peanut.  I'm not a big fan of dolls myself but I have to say I do have a soft spot for these cute plastic rag like dolls.

I decided, after putting much thought into this idea I had brewing inside my head, Peanut needed a makeover.  Perhaps a bit more towards my geeky/nerdy side. I thought "Hmmm Harley Quinn would make a great Lalaloopsy doll given Peanuts history and all" and well, I came up with this....


Ta-Daaa!

I wanted her to still have the characteristics of the doll but with a splash of Harley Quinn from Batman The Animated series (top dress) and the newer Harley from the New 52 series (hair)

 


Her whole dress was made from baby clothes that my youngest outgrew.


Back view

(left) Before  (right) After
I used acrylic paint on her shoes, face and hair.






It was fun customizing my very own Lalaloopsy doll.  I have to say I'm really happy with the results because this was an idea that I just went with and it could have been a complete disaster. 
Hope you enjoyed my little post for the day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! I also like the fact that you used your daughter's old clothes. Thrifty and sentimental as well as geeky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherezada! Your kind words mean a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have noooo idea how much I want one :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I wish the makers of Lalaloopsy would make a DC Limited edition or something along the line. I would love to see their version of Catwoman, Harley, Wonder Woman and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! that is sooooo cute! as stated already by someone: i soooooo want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been on this website before, but I saw what you did to this doll and freaked out with happiness! It's amazing!! My husband and I are having a baby girl who's estimated due date is supposed to be December 3rd but there's a good chance that she won't make it in that long because she's not growing. My husband and I wanted to do her baby room in a Harley Quinn theme, would consider making on of these to sell??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, my name is Jessie, m y email is mommyj0503@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete