Tabs

Friday, October 11, 2013

Twilight Sparkle Practice Plushie


This week I finally finished a felt plush I have been working on all while working on other little things here and there.    I was so happy to finally be done with it because now I can finally move on to other projects and of course the feeling of accomplishing something to the end and feeling excited about the final outcome is well... exciting.
I decided to go with Twilight Sparkle from my little pony as a great practice plush. I saw a couple of tutorials online and went with 2 (one for the body and the other for the eyes) that helped me along the way while making small adjustments here and there.

The final result...


She is 100% Handmade and stands 14 inches tall 11 inches wide. 
I didn't have a tutorial for the horn, hair and tail.  Her bangs was what I was having trouble executing.  I was so determined to have her look the way I pictured her in my head that I refused to give up on her until I got it just right.  Believe me there were times I had to stop, take a step back and think about how I was going to make it work.  Other times I took a needed break and moved on to other things in hoping when I came back to work on Twilight  I would have a clearer head on what to do next with her hair.


Here is an example of what her hair looked liked in her early stages

Bangs: too poofy.
  This picture was before I changed her bangs, horn, and the front strip that runs down her face that creates    her nose. It was much wider here.  I saw, via google images, some My Little Pony Felt Plushies and noticed the strip was narrower and thought it would look better with the pony I was creating. 

After: Bangs, nose and horn made over

(Our left not hers) Left eye
Right eye


Back View




 

 As long as this took me to make I definitely came away with having a better understanding on how to create certain shapes, looks, and more patience. Maybe in the future I'll create another pony since I know where the adjustments that I want need to be made.  The next pony I choose will definitely have wings.  Until then off to new projects.

A Big Thanks to SilentWolfCreation and Essorille for creating such awesome patterns and tutorials. This little pony above would not have been possible without your help.

If you are interested in the patterns I used be sure to check out the links below and give them credit.



 
                                                                             

  

                                                            
                                        




                                                    


2 comments: