Tabs

Friday, November 8, 2013

Coraline meets Lalaloopsy

    This post is definitely long over do...
The month of October was filled with making costumes and a lot of Fall cleaning (still going on by the way).   One of things I love about this season besides the weather and pumpkin flavored everything are the scary movies that air as a reminder that Halloween is not far behind. I had an idea I drew out a couple of weeks back and thought it was perfect for the theme of this month.  It was another Lalaloopsy mashup, kinda like the one I did in my previous Harley Quinn Mashup.  What if Coraline existed in the world of Lalaloopsy?   I know I couldn't have been the only one who thought of this idea (obviously the whole button eye kinda thing).  I was even more excited when I stumbled upon the movie Coraline as I was flipping through the channels. It was definitely a sign... or not. The timing couldn't have been more perfect so I put my fingers to work.


 This time around I thought to include a little bit of the process that went into making Coraline.


:Making Coraline:


Head

Torso


Arms


Hands


Legs




 Rainboot


Right Before Baking 
I used an eye pin to attach the head and the legs.
I wasn't happy with the neck so I ended up trimming the front part of the neck after it was baked so the transition to the head and body was more smooth. (recommend doing this before baking of course)  Lesson of the day: look over everything carefully and make adjustments where needed before baking. It makes life easier :)



Painted and complete


Hoodie

Why is it that I notice all my mistakes after I bake stuff.   
 (Her hand and my nail imprint on her hair)

 ಠ_ಠ

 I can always try and smooth it out with sandpaper.  I will save that for another day
Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment