Tabs

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lego Movie Inspiration

I had the pleasure of going out and spending the evening with my family last Friday.  We decided to go and catch a flick and we saw The Lego Movie.  I'm not sure who was more excited to see this me or my 9 yr old. We all loved the movie. It was funny, heart warming, sad, awesomely animated and its all about the legos... what's not to like.  
I enjoyed the movie and characters so much I thought I would make my own.
I focused on 3 out of the 5 main characters.
Emmet, Wyldstyle and UniKitty

Left to Right: Wyldstyle, Emmet and Unikitty

Back view

The 3 pics below were my inspiration to create the next 3 that follow this one. 





More pics and somewhat of a visual process on how I made Wyldstyle using Polymer Clay...







Size comparison next to a REAL Lego, Jay from Ninjago 
Jay: Are you gonna finish that coffee Emmet?





Visual Process/Tutorial of Wyldstyle



I had fun making these.  I love how every time I create something using clay I learn a new technique
or a different way to do things using certain types of tools. 






2 comments:

  1. Yay for familia time!!! We loved the movie too, my fave of course is unikitty (mad or happy) lol. Thank you for showing step by step how you made the figure ... you did a wonderful job on it all. We are truly enjoying your crafty blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different look Unikitty has when she's mad! She's too cute! thank you again Cynthia for all your support! <3

    ReplyDelete