Tabs

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Practice - test subject 1 - Markiplier

The past 2 months I've been messing around in photoshop with my first (real) test subject, myself.  I did a self pic and just went all out and did whatever I wanted, not caring if I messed up my face too bad.  In other words I didn't have to worry about offending anyone if it didn't turn out so good. This time I tried drawing someone else and I gotta say it took me waaaaay longer to do this simple black and white picture.  5 days to be exact.  Why? cause I'm a noob and I used a mouse instead of a drawing tablet which my husband has.  Unfortunately he can't find the CD that contains all the drives to it so I can install it to my PC :/  I'm an impatient person so instead of waiting for the cd to magically show up I just jump right in and started to put in some work to this particular picture. Plus I gave myself a time limit because I have other projects that I have to start....like...tomorrow. Actually looking at the time, 1:18am as I type this, later today when I wake up.  o_o 

I decided to go out of my comfort zone and try a not-so-traditional pose.  
Ok I'll share a little secret with the world. If you can even call it that,  When I'm working on stuff like polymer clay, just drawing or in photoshop I like to 1. Listen to music 2. Watch/listen to Youtube game playthroughs. 
The one I find myself always going to first is Markipliers channel.  I can't tell you how many times I've laughed and even cried of both from laughter and his touching words.  Without realizing, he's motivated me to do what I do now. There were times when I would get into such a funk that days,  sometimes weeks would go by and any motivation or creativity would just be non-existent.  Finding his channel and watching his vlogs couldn't have come into my life at a better time.  I am more grateful to him than he will ever know.  ♡

Ok enough of the sappy stuff :'), so about a month ago I was watching his play through of a game called "Knock, Knock".  When I came to episode 9 of the series around 10:28 into the video this face happens.





This was quite nerve-racking or is it nerve-wracking? I mean I know my face but someone else's face? Not to mention the expression on his face was so animated.  How am I going to capture that?..in photoshop with noobish photoshop skills.
Well, I'm always looking for a challenge (Insert foot in mouth)

Throughout the whole time I'm thinking it needs more contrast.  Than there was too much in certain areas. I originally wanted to add color to the background, then along the way I decided to do it all in black and white.  For 5 days I kept telling myself CONTRAST, CONTRAST, CONTRAST!   It still feels incomplete to me but as far as my caveman err cavewoman skillz go this is as good as its gonna get.  Maybe it needs more CONTRAST.  I'm choosing to step away from it.  Take a long break from it and hopefully once my skills improve I can go back and work on it some more.

Did I mention he does charity live streams?
Well he does. As a matter of fact he has one THIS Saturday 7/12/
for Best Friends Animal Society
 If you want to help check out this video, follow him on twitter or facebook where I'm sure he'll be giving out further info on the event through out the week.

  It's 3am and sleep calls for me. 
Good Night/Good Day to all.


a.k.a TBear


♡ Thanks for stopping by ♡

 

No comments:

Post a Comment